Fantastic offer of £18m received for a building products supplier making £2.25m – but would it be chipped?
Our role was to maintain the price during exclusivity and due dilligence
We added value by managing working capital, leaving the Corporation Tax liability for the purchaser and doing a deal on the cash in the business – eventually vendors extracted £20m of value as capital
- Advised the Management team of the non-core pet division on a £17m buy-out
- Negotiated the deal with the PLC board
- Prepared the Business Plan and the 4 year monthly forecasts
- Raised £9m of private equity and £9m of bank debt
- Managed the process including supervision of the due diligence and legal process
Deal overview – Consumer Markets
- We advised Richard Rose on the Buy-In Management Buy-Out of Crawshaw Butchers Ltd.
- Crawshaw is an excellent chain of value meat retailers based in the market towns of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
- We negotiated a complex deal which involved carefully balancing the structure to ensure the deal was attractive to the Vendors and incumbent management but ensured their continuing interest and commitment to the business.
- The business has since been listed on AIM and has grown the number of outlets from 14 to 20